2013年7月25日星期四

Corridor practice


After light practice, I like to do a pre-exhibition or a corridor practice. Because, I had plans, designs, also test lights, but I still not sure about if it real suit for the corridor of exhibition. So I am thinking doing a corridor practice.

Firstly, I tend to use film lights, but consider about safety, I can not put the film lights in the corridor. Because the light is very hot can burn skin, and the hot may cause fire. These lights need to put a place can not be touch.

Secondly, my supervisor recommend me use the facilities that school offers. Because it won’t have a “safe test” if I use school facilities.

Then, from Jonathan’s help, I find a natural dark corridor in bonington. It is dark, narrow and with several spotlights on the ceiling. That is almost perfect for my corridor plan except the lights are too high to make lights environment.
Jonathan and I first cover the lights with colour gel, then figure out how to put them.
This is the final set up:


We can see that the blue lights are not strong as orange lights. In the light practice, because I used film light, they can adjust dark and bright, this problem was ignored. So from this practice, we have to make blue side stronger. After the whole corridor looks better by adding more blue lights, we decided use one of 4 be orange, and 3 of 4 be blue.

没有评论:

发表评论